Monday, October 10, 2005

Lake Erie Fishing


So... this is a picture from last years Lake Erie fishing trip that I didn't go to. I said no to this trip the past 2 years. This year I relented, and decided to go.

This is the best picture I could come up with on my trip...

In two days of chartered fishing, we caught exactly zero walleye or smallmouth bass on our boat. I heard every excuse for this...

    • the wind was too strong
    • the water was dirty
    • the lake hadn't turned over
    • the fish had their noses in the sand
    • this is the first shut-out in 14 years of making this trip
    • sometimes this happens
    • that's why they call it fishing, not catching
Well, it's par for the course for my fishing experiences, and re-confirms why my $20K fishing boat has sat in the garage for 2 years running.

No comments: