My biz partner and I took a road trip to Indianapolis today on an invitation from a certain software vendor who is trying to woo our allegience to their cause. I left about 3:30am to get there by 8am. We were 20 minutes late, but it was not a big deal. We listened to was remained of their presentations, then loaded into a group of SUV's and made our way to the track. I had a nice talk with another guest from Ottawa Canada while our driver fiddled her way through the traffic, getting honked and yelled at by the other drivers who were as baffled as we were by her erratic driving. At one point she just stopped and waited for the caravan to catch up to her, leaving the cops and the drivers behind us screaming and yelling at us to move.

I was not optimistic about any racing, and my pessimism was well founded as nothing happened. Instead we dined on pork ribs and fried chicken. My gut is still revolting over the breach of my diet. We talked to a lot of folks from our host and learned some much needed information about them.

About 12:30 three time Indy winner Johnny Rutherford came in and spoke to our group for a long while. His visit likely prolonged due to the incliment weather. For the record, his favorite production car is the Corvette (yay me!), former drivers can actually drive the speed limit, although he's had officers of the law acuse him of continuing to race, and he likes the taste of milk.

I'm such a dork.

We left early, forgoing a Stone Temple Pilots concert and I crossed my threshold about 8pm tonight, tuckered out, and ready to eat more bad food. I'll have to atone for my sins this weekend.

Johnny Rutherford - I'm a dork :-)