Friday, November 07, 2008

The next four years

The last few days I've spent hyper focused on work, which has been a welcome respite from the drama leading up to the election. Barack Obama is the President elect, Dick Durbin was re-elected to another term, as was Judy Biggert, my district's representative to the House.

I believe that President Clinton received too much credit for an Internet boom he had little to do with and too little blame for a global rise in hatred, intollerance and danger. I believe that President Bush has received too much blame for having to deal with the consequences of a world consumed with hatred, intollerance and danger and not enough blame for allowing the housing and credit markets to fall apart, then putting forth a hair brained rescue plan.

A Congress led by Pelosi and Reid worry me. The promises of entitlements that we may not be able to support in the long run trouble me. An America that grows increasingly dependent on its government for it's financial survival scares me. A President Obama has a lot of work to do. I did not vote for him, but I will pray for his success as his failure is not in any of our best interests.

No comments: