Monday, September 04, 2006

2006 Naperville Last Fling Day Three

So I'm a day behind, but it was a long day yesterday and the weekend is catching up with me in more ways than one.

First on the agenda was the UFO Frisbee Dog Open. I simply love this event and this is the 2nd year I've gone. These dogs are beautiful and amazing athletes and completely into catching frisbees. People and dogs of all shapes, sizes and breeds participated and a field of 50 teams from across the country was pared to a single winner in multiple categories.


View slideshow View slideshow View slideshow View slideshow View slideshow


After visiting the beer garden (why's it called a garden anyway?) and listening to Suns of Earth, I headed home for a quick break and then back for the concerts.


The first show was Josh Kelley. I'd never really heard any of his stuff, but he's a talented guy. He broke out into a Michael McDonald tune after commenting on his new beard - and it was really good!


View slideshow View slideshow View slideshow View slideshow View slideshow

The finale was a return performance from Collective Soul - and this was their last stop on a 2 year tour. It was evident that they were glad to be done, and having fun. They were as outstanding as last year, maybe better as the lead singer interacted with the crowd more. At one point they called Josh Kelley back to the stage and sung an impromptu version of Squeeze Box. Even though it began to rain toward the end of the show, nobody seemed to care.


View slideshow View slideshow View slideshow View slideshow View slideshow

I had a pretty good time, although I have to say that no amount of good music, or no amount of beer could distract me from the fact that I was there by myself, surrounded by 9000 cheering fans.

No comments: