Saturday, March 26, 2005

To forgive, or not to forgive

What would it take... I mean what would have to have happened for you to disown a family member, like your mother, father, brother, or child? Have you ever been put in a position where you just couldn't face that person again for something they've done? Something, perhaps not to you, but to one of your other family members?

Murder? Rape? Violence? Breech of trust?

What was the result? How were you effected? How was that person impacted by your decision?

2 comments:

Chishiki Lauren said...

Honestly...I don't think I could. An extended family member, certainly...and I have. But should my immediate family commit any of the above I'd most likely chalk it up to instability or temporary insanity.

Dave said...

yeah - that's clearly the most lucid, but complicated conclusion.