Monday, November 07, 2005

So I'm in Hinsdale...


IMG_6585
Originally uploaded by ddurbin123.
standing outside my rental car having a smoke and a Starbucks today on my way home hoping to get some candid shots. I'm in a rental because the car my 19 year old drives is in the shop after getting rear ended by a COP of all things. And since he (my son) isn't old enough to get the rental, he's driving my car while I'm stuck with this P.O.S. Chevy Malibu sport (actually, it's not that bad). I'm not smoking in the rental, so I'm stopping when I feel the urge. Anyway

I'm too nutless to take the candids I want to, so I am just wandering about, which seems to attrack as many stares and leers as snapping candids. I'm about to pack it in when I spy this little guy munching on a nut (probably one of mine) next to my car.

3 comments:

Ethan said...

hehe - great story. I seldom take candid shots of people I don't know. I don't often see anyone when I'm out taking photos, but when I do they usually get an uneasy look about them when they spot the scary looking bald guy with the camera.

Dave said...

yeh - you gotta be a different sort to waltz up and down the street snapping away. The results are fascinating though. I just haven't built up enough nerve to do it on a consistant basis.

Unknown said...

I agree. candids need practice. good description.