Monday, January 03, 2005

2 week until new exercise gear arrives

I always get excited about new exercise equipment. I decided to go with the Precor EFX 5.23 elliptical trainer. I originally wanted a machine with the arm attachments, but after talking to people about it and considering the options, I went with the model that has the adjustable ramp angle. It's a feature the competitors don't have. They (SportsArt and Life Fitness) were telling me that the ramp puts the joints at unnatural angles, but after considering this and my experience with them in hotel workout rooms, I disagree. I believe you actually can workout different muscle groups with the varied angles. As for arm motion, I can swing my arms to get the motion if needed. It's also a little more than I wanted to spend, but it comes with a 10 year warranty (the competitors have 3 year parts coverage), I got a great discount, and I've found if you buy the best, you have fewer problems (usually) and it lasts longer.

Whoopie! 14 more days until elliptical goodness

No comments: