Thursday, January 06, 2005

Another hump day in blah-land

Had to get into work early today, as I was meeting some customers to test some software upgrades. Hired another engineer (yahoo!). Struggle mightily to get my CD/RW to work. Somethings messed up with the bios/driver or it's just old and broken. Tested another software upgrade. Prepared for tomorrow's big day of software upgrades.

It had been snowing all day, and there was about 4-5 inches on the car at 4pm. The drive home was suprisingly easy, until about 5 miles from home, when the roads became really bad. An 18-wheeler slightly jack knifed in front of me, which cause me to brake and skid. Fortunately nothing happened.

I finished another book, Hour Game by David Baldacci. This might be the best murder/mystery/action novel I've ever read (or listened to, anyway). Badacci completely develops his characters, the plot is interesting and complex. If you enjoy James Patterson, you should love Hour Game. Baldacci beautifully describes scenarios and action to chilling and thrilling detail without diving to the level of morbidity that Patterson sometimes does. Anyway, I give Hour Game 5 out of 5 bookmarks.

When I arrived home, I was treated to pork chops, boiled potatoes and asparagus. A gastronomic delight. And happily, I was able to get an hour on the bike before doing some more preparation for tomorrow.

It's now almost 2am and still snowing. It should be an interesting commute.

Oh yeah, 11 more days to elliptical goodness ;-)

4 comments:

Chishiki Lauren said...

How I miss snow.

Dave said...

I'd be happy to send you some. It snows in the mountains in parts of Japan, no?

Chishiki Lauren said...

In parts. It snowed here on New Years, though I wasn't around to see it. It's a rare occasion when that snow stays for more than a day though.

Dave said...

I wouldn't mind "missing" snow from afar, but I know what you mean. When I was in Grad school at Arizona State, one of the things we missed were the change in seasons.