Monday, October 02, 2006

Road Trip Day 9

2006 Road Trip Vacation – Sunday 2006-10-01

  • Sunday morning – last day of my trip – and I’m going a little out of my way – there’s a cemetery that’s in my genealogy so I’m going to see if I can get some pix of my grandfathers…
  • The internet here isn’t working this morning (at the Super 8)… lucky me…
  • When I came out of the hotel this morning there was a lady loading up 3 corgis into her car – apparently she was at an agility trial yesterday so I got to pet a puppy :-) Kinda looking forward to seeing the dogs later today…
  • I heading out on 16 west
  • So I just got done visiting the Durbin and Anderson cemeteries south of Taylorville in Christian county – and according to my genealogy research one of my grandfathers is buried in the Durbin cemetery – but I can’t find the headstone – the limestone on the headstones have eroded badly – so I’m on to Onewaneco, another place in my genealogy …


  • I did a quick walkthrough the Onewaneco cemetery and surprisingly there were no Durbins to be found – so I’m heading north on something… and man, there are a lot of prisons on this trip… just going by another one… well, I’m heading on to Taylorville…
  • Well I hung around and went to the Christian County historical society museum… learned some things about some of my ancestors – it was interesting and nice – so I’m taking 48 north now…

  • I also learned that Bear Creek twp is basically the area where Durbin Cemetery is which is where the Durbin’s settled and the town of Palmer is there… and for some reason Palmer rings a bell with other lines in my genealogy, so I have some more research to do when I get home…
  • I took 51 north, went through Decatur and went through another town then detoured into a cornfield to pee…. And now I’m wandering around on gravel roads



  • Back on 51 north
  • I connected with 55 north and had an uneventful ride the rest of the way home – listened to by book on CD and arrived home a little after 6pm…

No comments: