Tuesday, October 31, 2006

A very doggy halloween

So what does it mean? Well, it means that I spent the day hiding from the office so I could make some progress on more planning only keeping in touch via email and a couple of phone calls. This works actually.


It was a mostly sunny day but chilly. I think the temp reached nearly 50 degrees. Thank goodness the wind wasn't blowing as bad as Mom and Dad had said it did in Iowa yesterday.




I promised my daughter that I'd be home early so we could go Trick or Treating. She'd surprised me over the weekend by asking to get a costume. She'd not wanted to go the last couple of years and with everything considered we didn't push the issue. I took her to "Party City" last night and we walked out with a Gangster Hat and Pimp Cane for her and custumes for each of the dogs. I bought my self a foam clown nose :-)


For some reason I thought my wife was working from 5-9pm tonight, but it turns out it was 1-5pm so I dressed the silkies and took them for a walk around the cul-de-sac... the really seemed to enjoy wearing their little costumes and prancing about!




After our little walk we took pictures of them for posterity, undressed them and got ready to take Harry out with Erin. Even though she's 14 I still didn't want her roaming around alone and she seemed to have no problems at all with going out with Dad :-)




To complete my daughter's costume I gave her one of my "skinny" white dress shirts and she borrowed a tie from her brother.

We set off into the chilled darkness, my daughter with an enormous pillowcase to carry her loot in, and of course Harry dressed as Count Dogula.



It was a good walk for all of us. Harry and I truly enjoyed watching my daughter delight in something she's missed for a few years now.


I hope all had a wonderful Halloween and I'll be speaking at you again soon!

No comments: