Sunday, December 05, 2004

The French and the Da Vinci code

A friend sent this link to me. I guess I didn't realize that the Da Vinci code was a runaway hit in France, but I'm not suprised. More than we in the US, the French relish a good conspiracy and scandal. The Fench (or some French) are promoting a theory that a commercial aircraft did not hit the Pentagon too. At a page labelled Hunt the Boeing, an argument is attempted to show that the damage done is not consistent with a Boeing 757. A French author has also written a book the furthers the conspiracy that the US Government is behind the 911 attacks.

My wife works at a public Library and has told me that people simply refuse to believe or acknowledge that the book is a fictional writing. My brother raved on about the book at Thanksgiving. When we told him that it was made up, even he refused to believe it. He, like many others, want to believe anything that tarnishes faith and especially the Catholic Church.

Listen, religion has enough problems without people making crap up to further damage it. I won't read the Da Vinci Code any time soon. I won't watch Farenheit 911 either. It's hard enough to sift through the disinformation on free media sources. I won't pay to be misinformed.

No comments: