Sunday, December 18, 2005

Crosscountry Skiers


Crosscountry Skiers
Originally uploaded by ddurbin123.
My wife and I went to my company's Christmas party last night. She wasn't going to go at first, since we didn't have a sitter for the kids, but she agreed to go if she could return early.

As usual, we arrived late, but early enough to get a couple of cocktails and hors d'vours before dinner was served. Everyone looked great and there are so many new faces from last year, it was great to see.

Dinner was fillet mignon and sea bass which were absolutely delicious. The entree was complimented with double baked, mashed and seered potatoes and grilled veggies.

After two years of kareoke, I guess management wanted to change the pace and brought in a ventriloquist. I don't remember his name - the PA system wasn't working, and his material was ok.

My wife left after dinner so she missed the part where the ventriloquist had 5 of us, myself included, come up to help him perform a lame version of Old MacDonald Had a Farm. I had on elephant ears and a trunk - although i don't remember there being an elephan on that particular farm. It's a good thing I, and everyone else, was drinking.

About 10:30 my wife called me to tell me that she made it home safely and that her grandmother had died earlier in the day.

I was in the predicament that I had a limo scheduled for a midnight pickup, so I couldn't get out of there any sooner. SO I started drinking again and hoped time would pass by faster. And it did.

No comments: