Thursday, December 15, 2005

These people love bird houses


These people love bird houses
Originally uploaded by ddurbin123.
And so I had my weekly appointment with the therapist today. Some days I really hate going in. I know what the conversation's going to be beforehand. Something along the lines like "Nothing is going to change until you do something about it" and "You deserve better, more..." and "Medicine alone isn't going to make you feel better". I know that

- I need to stand firm with my friends and family for what I want to happen and not cave in
- I need to be more forceful with my family to live a lifestyle with them that I want
- I need to stop smoking
- I need to get more sleep
- I need to eat healthier
- I need to exercise
- I need to demand respect

But, oh... if were only this easy. If I only knew what I wanted in more detail. Just wanting to be happy doesn't cut it. Apparently you need a plan for being happy.

I'm going to start by getting a haircut tommorow. We'll see where I go from there.

2 comments:

beetle said...

Not a haircut! That won't do anyone any good! ;-)
I spent a good amount of time do the therapy thing. I kept waiting for something to happen.... nothing ever did. Maybe I just had the wrong therapist. I never really got the point of it. The medication seemed to help me more but I did try to give the therapy a chance. Desperate to feel better, ya know?

I hope that your depression eases soon.

beetle said...

Oh, and I love the birdhouses. Can't wait til I can put up a few of my own again.